The eighth day Navratri puja is dedicated to Goddess
Mahagauri. She is the light of the universe and a kind and merciful form of
Mother Shakti Durga. Here is a brief idea on how to perform Navratri 8th day pooja
along with mantra. This how to do and procedure is ideal for performing at
Benefits of Navratri 8th day Pooja
- All those suffering due to the bad positioning of Rahu in
janam kundli or horoscope will find relief as Goddess Mahagauri is the Lord of
Rahu and southwest corner.
- Puja to her solves all problems in the sixth and eighth
house of horoscope of a person.
- Victory over enemies.
- Relief from diseases.
- Solution to marriage related problems.
- Early marriage.
- Solution for house and property related problems.
How to do Navratri Day Eight Puja?
- Clean the house.
- Take bath in the early morning.
- Wear white color clothes.
- Offer prayers to Ganesha.
- Sit facing southwest direction.
- Place the picture or painting of Goddess Mahagauri on a
white color cloth.
- Light lamp using cow ghee mixed with kesar or turmeric. One
wick is preferred.
- Dhoop should be mogra or jasmine flowers. (agarbhatti should
be of white color flowers)
- Offer white and blue color flowers.
- Offer white chandan as tilak.
- Sprinkle little milk.
- Pour little honey.
- Offer white color sweet like kheer or payasam or made of
mawa. After puja make sure a portion of the sweet is shared with a young girl.
- Chant the mantra ॐ
महागौर्यै देव्यै: नमः ॥
(om Mahagauraye Daivaya Namah) 108 time using a Rudraksha or White color mala.
turmeric and sprinkle some pepper corns on it an offer to Goddess Gauri. After
puja this should be deposited under a neem or peepal tree.
To find relief to problems in married life, take 7 yellow
color banana and time them using a blue color thread. Offer it to Goddess
Gauri. Later remove the thread and feed the bananas to a cow. Keep the thread
under bed in the bedroom.
If you fear of accidents, offer 8 small whole lemon to
Goddess Gauri and later keep them on a junction (four roads).